Music Minister Search
Bangham Heights Baptist Church is seeking a part time Minister of Music to lead the congregation during worship services and direct the adult choir. He will keep the music program moving forward and work collaboratively with the pastor, instrumentalists, singers and AV technicians to ensure all worship services are organized and executed in a seamless manner. A successful candidate will have a genuine love for the Lord and be passionate about music ministry. He must have a passion to help others grow in their relationship with Christ and in the church. This person must also be pleasant, not easily provoked, and able to meet people in a friendly manner, and be cooperative in all relationships and matters. He must also strive for excellence in the work he does, Colossians 3:23.
* Strong faith and personal commitment to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord.
* Planning, implementing and evaluating the worship services, with a focus of providing a biblical, God-honoring experience that also supports the worship philosophy of the pastor and church.
* Consult with pastor to select music for church services.
* Provide a worship service that incorporates contemporary, traditional hymns, and southern gospel music.
* Create a worship environment that is engaging, inspiring, and motivating for all who attend.
* Foster effective communications with the Pastor and other volunteer/paid staff, striving for a relationship that is God pleasing and beneficial to the church.
* Lead congregation in music worship both Sunday morning and night, as well as Wednesday evening services.
* Lead adult choir rehearsal on a weekly basis. Lead the choir in special music.
* Provide oversight and leadership to the instrumentalist so they know the music to be played well in advance. Verify they understand all key signatures, modulations and song structures where applicable.
* Experience in developing and use of various talents in music. This may include instruments like guitar, trumpet, drums, french horn, etc, as well as different types of vocalist.
* Ability to work with people of all ages, in small and large groups, creating a safe and accepting environment while providing God-honoring and church-vision oriented programs.
* Plan tailored music for special days such as Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Easter, Christmas, etc.
* Lead music during regularly scheduled weekly church services, as well as other events such as VBS, revivals, etc., if requested.
* Coordinate and implement a rotation of special music (solos/choir specials) for both Sunday services.
* Arrange and lead 5th Sunday night singing.
* Develop an annual music ministry budget proposal to present to the Finance Committee.
* Keep up with CCLI licensing and required duties per contract.
* Candidate adheres to the 2000 Baptist Faith and Message.
This is a part-time position, with the expectation of not exceeding 12 hours a week.
To email a resume:
To mail a resume:
Bangham Heights Baptist Church
Attn: Music Minister Search Committee
5961 Hilham Hwy
Cookeville Tn 38501